Patient Participation Group
The Practice would like to invite any of our patients who are willing to contribute some of their time to the development of the Practice and its Health Services. At Denton Medical Practice, the group is called the Community Health Care Champions Group.
We are especially keen to make sure that the group is fully representative of our patients and therefore invite anyone with an interest to enquire about joining.
We are developing a Patient Participation Group to help foster a positive and constructive relationship between patients, the practice and the community it serves, ensuring the practice remains accountable and responsive to all its patients needs.
The key objectives are:-
- Create and improve two-way communication between patients, the practice and the community it serves.
- To bring a sense of partnership between practice and patients.
- Provide an avenue for patients’ input in the way facilities and services are planned and executed, to add humanity to and influence those services.
- Provide constructive two-way feedback on patient and community needs, concerns and interests.
- Support the practice in good health promotions, preventative medicine and health literacy.
- Collect patient opinions and experiences to help the practice to evaluate its services.
- Communicate to the practice community and/or the wider community information about the practice.
Patient Participation Group Membership
All registered patients are welcome to join the PPG although, in the interests of effective decision making.
However if you are happy to be contacted for your views but do not wish to be part of the committee you can feed your views into the group via email.
For membership of PPG group click the link above to open the sign up form and complete all the fields.
Please ask to see Lindsey White or Sharon Bowater for more information.
We anticipate the group will meet 3 times a year. Arrangements for input to the group via email or post will also be made for members of the group who are unable to attend in person, but feel they would like to contribute.